As the lovely Josephine pointed out, I've moved away from our beloved Los Angeles to Berkeley. Why? I have a list!
1. Best school ever. I'm biased, obviously, but really, ranked #1 public school in the country! It's been my dream school, since I was about twelve, very happy to finally be here. If you want to read about my adventures at Cal, go here :)
2. The weather: it's not always hot! It gets chilly here. Like, you can FEEL the seasons. Not only is it nice being able to differentiate summer from fall, but it's an excuse to buy awesome sweaters, coats, boots, scarves, gloves, hats...an excuse to shop for a whole new wardrobe, basically.
3. The food. I'm not half as big of a foodie as Josephine, but even I appreciate how amazing all the restaurants are up here. I can't wait to try all these new places; I'm a picky eater but I want to expand my horizons. Still, I can't help but reverting to my comfort foods--last night my friend Alex and I went to a Jewish deli, Saul's, and had the BEST matzo ball soup and latke of my LIFE. Sorry Mom, this was just mind-blowingly good.
4. We're "official" rivals with Stanford. I hate Stanford, they have a fucking TREE as their mascot. No thanks, GO BEARS!
5. Fifteen minutes away from San Francisco/amazing food/good friends/concerts!! I really want to go see the Decemberists in October.
6. THE BOYS ARE SO CUTE. Sooooooo cute. So much better (than most) boys at home. Though there is one at home that I do miss!
7. Getting to start over; our hometown was one where everyone knew everything about everyone...which is definitely as annoying as it sounds.
8. Walking. In LA, you can't really walk anywhere, you have to drive. I hate driving with a passion, it's so stressful! I love that you can walk anywhere here, or if you're feeling lazy, take a bus (they actually have an efficient bus system!!!) or the BART.
9. Not living at home. Pretty sure this is self-explanatory :)
10. And finally (for now), growing up. I'm learning how to be self-dependent, and how to survive on my own.
Here is a dancing bear for your time: